Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9.3 Days...

Its my third day officially teaching at Eden.

My first day was very very tiring.. I had two boys under my care and surprisingly I came back feeling tired and It felt like I cant even feel the floor anymore.. I had to chase one of my boy cause he was super sensitive to niose. A bit of screaming or screeching can cause him to react and run out of the class.. So i end up chasing after him everytime...
My second boy was super impatient. He cant wait for anyone.. Ask him to wait and he will start banging his head on the wall or start to scream... So imagine my firts day..

My second day was much much better...They were more settled and made them follow the routines more strictly.. So it wasnt as bad as my first day.. Still there were screaming and banging heads but less chasing were done...

Today's the third day there and it seemed things are fallin in... A lot of paper works had to be done and task folders had to be self made.. So we are rushing for all these things to be ready before our consultants come in the classes...

Though tiring, i flt it were so much of an enriching experience.. Alot of people duno wats autism is... Most people will judge that a child with autism had behavioural problems, but in actual fact the dun... They only do not noe how to explain their feelings and express it so therefore they will bang their heads or scream or floor when they are very very stress...

So teaching and understanding them really needs PATIENCE...especially for me i must be always remind myself that...

i hope the journey's will get interesting as days numbered...


"respect my blog,cos its not urs...love or hate me~u decide"

1 comment:

  1. Salam... hey I found you here... good thoughts shared on autism. Hope life has been great teaching in Eden for the past 1 yr plus... keep in touch... :) have fun.

    ReplyDelete